Under Armour, Inc., headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading innovator, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories. Designed to make all athletes better, Under Armour’s UA Freedom initiative started in 2010 with a singular mission to support and inspire the brave men and women dedicated to serving and protecting our country, every day. In 2018, UA has provided over $2 million in resources to military, first responders and their families within four core areas: education, activity, mentorship and service.
- 501 c (3) nonprofit organizations
- Community serving organizations with a 501 c (3) fiscal sponsor
- Organizations MUST serve First Responders and Veterans (Both active and retired)
- Organizations must serve an unmet need in the community through Activity, Mentorship, Education and Service
- Preference will be given to applicants that provide evidence of a match for all funds requested.
- If your organization meets the above criteria, you may apply for up to $25,000. Applications requesting more than this amount will not be considered.
- Organizations that discriminate based on age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or other disability, or national origin
- Support for elite or private sports camps, leagues, or teams
- Individual, team or event sponsorships – including fundraiser activities (e.g. scholarships, stipends, personal assistance, galas, 5k runs, etc.)
- Requests for auction product, table sponsorships or cash proposals
- Disease-specific projects
- Political organizations and fraternal activities for profit entities.
- A project which has received funding from Under Armour or the Under Armour Foundation in the last 24 months.
2019 Requests must be submitted no later than October 15, 2019. Those that are submitted before this deadline will be provided a response as to whether or not they are awarded before the end of January 15, 2020.
In order to see if you are eligible to receive a UA Freedom Grant, please continue to the Eligibility Quiz below.