Under Armour, Inc., headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading innovator, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories. Designed to make all athletes better, Under Armour’s UA Freedom initiative started in 2010 with a singular mission to support and inspire the brave men and women dedicated to serving and protecting our country, every day. In 2018, UA provided over $2 million in resources to military, first responders and their families within four core areas: education, activity, mentorship and service.
Note: All requests MUST be submitted through this online system. No requests submitted via email, fax, mail or phone will be considered.
Under Armour provides resources and support to programs that directly contribute to and support our core areas of an unmet need in the community through Activity, Mentorship, Education and Service.
- We seek to work with organizations that demonstrate programs with measurable outcomes.
- Financial grantees must be able to report out Annually.
Under Armour will not consider donation requests for personal assistance, scholarships, stipends, grants or other forms of individual support. Instead we commit our charitable giving resources to organizations that reflect our giving areas that have grown with our Brand. The following guidelines highlight the areas of giving that are currently outside of our scope and cannot be considered for sponsorship.
- Individual athlete or team sponsorships are not eligible for support. It’s our job to find you. Our sports marketing team is actively engaged in the discovery of those athletes and teams that reflect our Brand Values and will be the best ambassadors of our Brand. Further, to ensure clear distinction among our charitable giving and marketing efforts, we do not provide product donations to individual athletes or sports teams, including youth sports teams.
- Tax-Exempt Status. Under Armour will only consider one contribution request per year from organizations classified as IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit (or similar classification globally), located in communities where the company has a significant business presence.
- A project which has received funding from Under Armour or the Under Armour Foundation in the last 24 months.
- Fundraising Events. As a general rule, Under Armour directly supports program initiatives and as such does not financially support fundraising events (dinners, dances, walks/runs, etc.).
- Geography. Under Armour retains the right to support organizations in areas where the Brand has a business presence. Organizations outside our geographic reach will not be considered for grants.
- Organizations. Under Armour will not contribute to churches, religious causes, teams or organizations that actively oppose the company’s position on issues. Organizations operating parallel to our current partnerships. We give directly to the non-profit groups that serve the causes and populations we are committed to support, like the Wounded Warrior Project as part of our UA Freedom initiative. We do not commit monetary resources to fundraising events for these organizations or any other efforts that mirror the commitments and partnerships we have already established.
- Compliance. We expect organizations receiving contributions to be in compliance with the requirements of the Equal Employment Opportunities Act, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Specifically, UA prohibits philanthropic support to non-religious organizations that have a written policy of discrimination against individuals based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, family or care-giver responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
**Under Armour reserves the right to adjust giving exclusions at any time**
2019 Requests must be submitted no later than November 1, 2019. Those that are submitted before this deadline will be provided a response as to whether or not they are awarded before the end of January 15, 2020.
In order to see if you are eligible to receive a UA Freedom Grant, please continue to the Eligibility Quiz below.